This guide details the necessary changes for Linksys Smart Wifi routers
Weave phones work well with Linksys Smart Wifi routers. There is typically just one important setting to verify in the router configuration. In order to ensure that no additional firewalls will be interfering with phone traffic, it is necessary to verify that the router is receiving an internet routable (public) IP address on its WAN interface. (Why is this important?)
You can verify the public IP by following the steps below.
1. Checking the Internet Connection Type
- Login to the Linksys configuration page
- In the sidebar, click the gear icon which is labeled Connectivity
- Click the tab labeled Internet Settings
- In the Connection Type field verify that the router is NOT set to "Automatic Configuration-DHCP" (see image.) If you see that the connection type is set to automatic configuration then the router is not receiving a public IP address and you should contact your ISP to put your modem in bridge, DMZ, or PPOE mode.