Call Analytics in the Desktop App
Weave Call Analytics allows you to see the following data from your office:
- Call volume
- Missed call data
- Call tracking
To access Call Analytics:
- Click Analytics
- Select Phone
From here, you can use the Calendar icon in the top right corner to filter the data by day, week, month, or a custom start and end date.
Use the dropdowns below the Incoming Calls section to see more information about your calls.
- Select Phone from the left navigation menu
- Click Call Records
Use the Filter icon in the top right corner to see data for a specific phone or range of dates. You can also select the Export button to download the Call Records report of a day or month.
Note: To access Phone Analytics for a multi-location account, see this article.
Watch the video below to get an overview of phone call analytics.
If you are taking advantage of Weave’s Automated Recall Reminders then you will also have access to Recall Analytics that are found in your Weave Analytics App.The availability of this feature is dependent on your Weave bundle. Schedule a time with a Weave representative to learn more.
Watch this short video to see how to make the most of these!
Tip: Check out Set Up Recall Reminders to learn how to set up your automated recall reminders.
Note: If you are using Weave Unify for multi-office location, you can filter your analytics results by logging in to the parent account.
Using Practice Analytics
Practice analytics will give you real-time actionable data built into your communication platform to help drive practice growth, team performance, and daily production.The availability of this feature is dependent on your Weave bundle. Schedule a time with a Weave representative to learn more.
Additional practice analytics can help you:
Understand the health of your practice
Identify patients slipping through the cracks
Increase practice production
Provide actionable data to team members
Practice analytics overview
Download your data
You can download your analytics data by clicking on the Download icon in the upper right hand corner of your analytics screens. The data will download in a CSV file (this is a type of excel document).
Tip: Use the CSV to target specific customers in your Weave email marketing campaigns.
Filter date range
- Click the Calendar icon in the upper-right hand corner
- You have the option of viewing the analytics by a customized date range or by a selected month
- The green circle with a white checkmark will appear next to the selected date range
Trends allow your office to take a deeper dive into each analytic individually. Click the trend icon in the desired analytic to see the number of patients or production from when you started using Weave's practice analytics until now.
Tip: See Practice Analytics Definitions for a break down of each section of practice analytics and what the terms mean.
Practice Analytics Mini-Webinar
Join us for our Practice Analytics On Demand Webinar. We will be helping you learn how to use Practice Analytics so you can start making the most of this product right away!The availability of this feature is dependent on your Weave bundle. Schedule a time with a Weave representative to learn more.
Practice Analytics Mini-Webinar | 6 min
Practice Analytics Definitions
There is a lot of information available to you in Weave Practice Analytics, so let's break down what each section is and how it is defined.
Patients are defined as Active Patients when they:
Clicking into Active Patients will allow you to view your active patients by age, gender, or insurance. Click on the desired age/gender, or insurance metric to view the list of patients that you can then contact with the click of a button.
Are marked Active in your practice management software
Have completed an appointment in the last 18 months
Note: Active Patients will increase as you bring new patients into your practice or as you reschedule and see patients that haven’t been in the office in the last 18 months. Active patients will decrease as you mark patients as “Inactive, Archived, Deceased, etc” in you practice management software or if patients fall into the category of not being seen in 18 months.
Active Patients Scheduled
Active Patients Scheduled is the percentage of your Active Patients that have a future appointment scheduled.
- Benchmark percentages are based on other Weave offices.
- Offices attaining 85%+ scheduled percentage will see faster practice growth and less patient attrition.
Tip: The appointment type or procedure code that is attached the appointment will not impact your scheduled percentage.
Tip: To increase your Scheduled Percentage, follow the steps below
Take a deeper dive into your practice and patients by clicking clicking into Active Patients Scheduled. Doing this will show you your unscheduled patients, bucketed by their due date and last appointment date.
You can also filter by All Hygiene Patients or Perio Only Patients. Select the desired patient to contact them through Call, Text, Email, or sending a Text to Pay request.
There are three important terms in this section:
- Recaptured - patients not seen today but rescheduled by phone, text, or email through the efforts of your front desk and Weave
- Recaptured Production - Production dollars scheduled based on procedure codes that were attached to the future appointment and your fee schedule, this is not an estimate
- Lead Time - How far out your front office is scheduling patients (The average time between when each patient was scheduled and their appointment date)
New PatientsThere are three important terms in this section:
- New Patients - patients that have not received any prior services from your office. A person is considered a new patient after their first appointment has been completed.
- Completed Production - production that was completed from new patients first appointment.
- New Patients Unschedule - Number of your new patients that have not rescheduled a future appointment.
The hygiene reappointment percentage is the patients seen in hygiene during the period and scheduled their next hygiene appointment that same day. Benchmark percentages are based on other Weave offices.
Hygiene Patients Seen - appointments with the following procedure attached:
- D1110 - Adult Prophy
- D1120 - Child Prophy
- D4341 - SRP 4+Teeth
- D4342-SRP 1-3 Teeth
- D4910 - Perio Maintenance
Not Yet Rescheduled - Patients seen in hygiene and have not yet scheduled their next hygiene appointment.
Note: We classify hygiene appointments based on the ADA procedure codes attached on the appointments. If your office is not attaching procedure codes to the future appointment, we will not be able to say if that patient was rescheduled specifically for a hygiene appointment and it may show up as 0%. Be sure to attach those procedure codes!
Restorative and Hygiene Treatment Plan
Restorative Treatment Plan Hygiene Treatment Plan
This section looks at patients diagnosed and ADA procedure codes that do not include:
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Preventative Procedures
- Non-Clinical Procedures
- Periodontal Procedures
This section is focused on patients diagnosed with hygiene ADA procedure codes including:
- Scaling and root planing
- Scaling and debridement
- Gingival irrigation
In both these sections, the following 5 definitions are important to consider:
1. Patients Diagnosed % - The number of patients diagnosed with restorative treatment during an exam divided by the number of patients who completed an exam in the same period
2. Patients Diagnosed - The number of patients diagnosed with restorative treatment in the period
3. Patients Accepted % - The number of patients that accepted (scheduled or completed) restorative treatment divided by the number of patients diagnosed in the designated period
Tip: If a patient was diagnosed with multiple procedures and scheduled/completed at least one of those procedures, the patient would count as an accepted patient.
4. Patients Accepted - The number of patients that accepted (scheduled or completed) restorative treatment in the period
5. Unscheduled Treatment - the total of all unscheduled restorative procedures from diagnosed patients in the period
Ensure that you are following your Practice Management Software’s guide to cancelling appointments. Benchmark percentages are based on other Weave offices.
There are 3 key definitions for Cancellations:
1. Cancelled Patients - Patients that cancel or do not show up to the appointment
2. Remaining Unscheduled - The patients that have not yet rescheduled their appointment
3. Unscheduled Opportunity - The production dollars available from patients that have not rescheduled
Tip: This amount is calculated based on the procedure codes attached to the appointment and your fee schedule when the appointment was broken. This is not an estimate.
When an appointment is cancelled and you break the appointment, Weave logs the procedure codes that were on the broken appointment. A patients appointment is considered rescheduled when at least one of the procedure codes on the broken appointment is rescheduled in the future.
Cancellations and Open Dental
Note: If your office is using Open Dental it is critical that you are following Open Dental's process for cancelling an appointment.
Ensure your office is breaking the Appointment and not deleting the appointment when a patient cancels. Cancellations in Weave are based on the ADA procedure codes being attached to the cancelled appointment (D9986-Missed and D9987-Cancelled). You can do this manually, but we recommend automating the ADA code being attached when you break the appointment.
You can do this by ensuring the Broken Appointment Procedure Types in Open Dental are turned to both inside the Appointment Module Preferences.
Find more information with these Open Dental resources: