After you've recorded or uploaded your voicemail greeting, the next step is to assign the greeting to the correct voicemail box so customers get the right message at the right time.
Tip: If you would like to assign a voicemail greeting to a phone tree, click here. If you have mainline and departments, learn how to assign your voicemail greeting here.
Assign Your Greeting to a Voicemail Box
You must have the user role of Admin to access this feature. See your role.
- Log into your Weave Portal
- Select Phone from the left side menu
- Select Voicemail Boxes
- If you have the Main Line or Departments options in the Phone section, you can also assign Voicemail greetings in your call routing there.
- Select the box you want to assign a greeting
- Click Add Greeting to your voicemail box
- Select the greeting you wish to use for that mailbox from the dropdown
- You can choose to have No Greeting, the Weave Default Greeting that is a recording provided by Weave, or your own recording from the Media Library
- Click Use Selected File
Click the drop down arrow under Schedule Greeting and select a time
Note: Make sure that your general voicemail box is assigned both an Open and Closed greeting. If your office also closes for lunch or a break then you should also assign a voicemail recording to those as well. Your Office Hours settings in your Weave desktop app will control when these messages are played.
- If you need to assign another greeting, click Add Greeting and repeat steps 6-8
- Once you have added and assigned all of your desired voicemail greetings, click Save Changes
These customizations are not required, but available based on your preferences.
- You can give your mailbox a new name if desired
- You can set or change your PIN for your voicemail box if desired
- Toggle to play the voicemail message date on or off as desired
- Decide if you want to receive an email and/or sms notification when you receive a new voicemail message.
Tip: Email notifications are a great way to transfer a voicemail to someone else to manage. SMS notifications are great to use for a personal voicemail box if you want to listen to messages when you are away from the office. Go to Listening to Voicemail Messages to learn more.