New to Weave? Follow this Onboarding Checklist for Admins to get started with Weave.
Before beginning the checklist, make sure you complete the following steps:
Prepare to install your Weave Phones by doing the following:
- Verify your ethernet port availability. Each phone needs access to a nearby ethernet port for internet connection. One Weave phone can share an ethernet port with a single computer if needed.
- Make the necessary network changes provided by Weave before your phones get installed. This may include configuring or updating your router, addressing latency issues, or bridging your modem to your router.
- Connect your phone to the network.
Contact your Onboarding Manager if you have further questions.
Look over the Weave Partner Network Readiness Checklist.
Weave Core Onboarding Checklist
1. Software Installation/Configuration
- Download the Weave Desktop App on all computer stations using Weave.
Add Users to your account. Each person in your office who will be using Weave needs their own unique username and password to log in.
Note: If you have a multi-location account, you can use the same password for each location.
- Register for the Weave Level 1 Certification to learn more about Weave and our services.
- Upload or add contacts to Weave. You can add your customer base to Weave by
2. Phone Customizations
Start thinking about how you want to customize your phones.
- Here are some of the most common phone customization features that are available with your new Weave phone system.
3. Phone Installation
Get ready for your new phones.
- Continue working on the Weave Level 1 Certification in Weave Training Camp.
- Practice using your new Weave Phones
- Set office hours. This controls when your phones will ring and when specific voicemail greetings will be played.
- If you would like to use the phones before your port date, reach out to your current phone provider and ask them to forward all incoming calls to your Weave test number given during implementation. Calls will come into your main number and ring straight to the Weave phones without downtime.
- Set up voicemail.
- Select hold music.
- Have your staff complete the Weave Level 1 Certification in Weave Training Camp.
4. Transfer (Port) Your Numbers
Weave will become your new phone provider.
- Make sure your phone numbers are ready for the transfer by ensuring they are NOT tied to:
- Credit card machines
- Alarm systems
- Internet service
- Any other services
- Make sure you have completed the Weave Level 1 Certification in Weave Training Camp.
Ongoing Support and Training
- Bookmark WeaveHelp to search for answers to ongoing product questions.
- Attend monthly live WeaveLab Webinars for product updates. You'll see the invitations come across your email.
- Contact support to resolve any technical issues.
- Contact your CSM team at email@example.com for any account-related questions, best practices, or product add-ons.