Weave's Advanced Appointment Filters allow you to filter your appointment reminders by:
- Appointment Type
The availability of this feature is dependent on your practice management software
Tip: An Operatory is also called a Resource in some practice management softwares. It might be a room, special equipment, or even a provider in some instances. Be sure to check the operatory field to see which fields are being imported.
Advanced Filters Overview
Watch our short training video below for a walk through of how to use your advanced filters:
Add Advanced Filters to Appointment Reminders
- Navigate to your Appointment Reminders in your Weave Settings
- Add a new reminder or edit an existing reminder
- Confirm or set your reminder name and time you want the reminder to be sent
- Click Next to advance to the next screen
- Set the type of reminder (SMS or Email)
- Select the Advanced Filters you want to apply to this reminder
Below we'll show you a few examples on how you can integrate advanced filters into your everyday workflow.
Tip: Duplicate one of your regular reminders for easy set up. It will make the set up of the new patient reminder easy! Just add the advanced filter to your duplicate reminder.
Create a specific Appointment Reminder for new patients
Some offices may want to send a customized reminder to new patients coming in for their first appointment. Here is an example of how to use the Advance Filters to do this:
- Select Appointment Type from the Advanced Filters
- Select your new patient appointment types from the available options synced from your practice management software
- Advance to your text template to customize your message for your new patients. This is a great way to remind new patients to bring their insurance card or to complete any paperwork prior to their visit.
Exclude an Operatory/Resource from the Appointment Reminder
It is common for some offices to use an operatory or resource column on their schedule for no-shows or walk-ins so they don’t want patients that are in that column on their schedule to receive a reminder. This is a good example of how you can use the Advanced Filters to exclude certain patients from receiving an automated appointment reminder.
- Select Operatory from the Advanced Filters
- Select your Operatory you want to exclude from receiving a reminder
- Toggle on Exclude Options
Send an Appointment Reminder from a specific Provider
In some instances you may want to set up a reminder letting the patient know who their appointment is with. Or, you may want to create a post-op message to go out after an appointment with a specific provider. These are some examples of how you can use your Advanced Filters to do this.
- Select Provider from the Advanced Filters
- Select the Provider you want this reminder to be from
- Advance to your text template to customize your message for this provider. This is a great way to let the patient know who they are scheduled with, or to send a post-op message from a specific provider.
Filtering by Location
If your office has multiple locations, you may want to use the Locations advanced filter to let your customers know which location their appointment is scheduled at.
Select Location from the Advanced Filters
- Select the Location you want this reminder to be from
- Advance to your text template to customize your message for this location. Customize this message to include address or any other details you want to include.