Weave Phones are VoIP phones, meaning that they rely on a good internet connection to work properly. Follow these troubleshooting steps and tips for common phone issues.
Rebooting your phone is typically the best first step in troubleshooting any issue you are experiencing with your phone. Follow these steps to reboot your phone:
Press and hold the X key until you see a prompt on the screen. Press the OK soft key to confirm the reboot. The phone will then reboot. This process can take a few minutes to complete.
Press and hold the end call button to power down. Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the end call button to power back up.
Press and hold the dial pad keys 0, 1, and 3 simultaneously for about three seconds, or until you hear a confirmation tone. The phone will then reboot. This process can take a few minutes to complete.
Option 2 (all phone types)
Unplug the power cord from the back of your phone, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. The phone will then reboot. This process can take a few minutes to complete.
Call quality issues
If your phones are ringing properly, but you are experiencing poor call quality during your calls, consider these tips to troubleshoot:
- Have you gotten any new hardware in your office like a router, modem, or a firewall? Be sure to have your IT rep configure your device using our Network Specs page.
- Check to make sure the internet cables are securely plugged into the wall and to the handset.
- Check to make sure your internet provider is not experiencing issues. You can use downdetector.com to search for your internet provider and see if they are experiencing issues in your area.
- Check your internet speeds using speedtest.net. Keep in mind our internet speed requirements:
Internet speed requirements Download Speed 1 Mbps per phone (minimum) Upload Speed 200 kbps per phone (minimum)
Note: If your internet speeds do not meet the minimum requirement you will need to contact your internet service provider about improving your internet speed or upgrading your service.
My phone is not ringing
If the other phones in your office are ringing but yours is not, consider these troubleshooting tips:
- Try rebooting your phone: Follow these steps to reboot your phone.
- Check if your DND (Do Not Disturb) is enabled: Your phones are equipped with a DND soft key located along the bottom of your display screen. Look for a circle with red circle with a line through it. If this key is pressed, it places your phone on Do Not Disturb. Simply press the DND key again to turn off Do Not Disturb.
None of the phones in our office are ringing
- Check if Voicemail Override is enabled: If Voicemail Override is enabled, you will have a red VMO flag at the top of your Weave Desktop App. To turn off Voicemail Override, click on the red flag and toggle off Voicemail Override.
- Check your Office Hours: Make sure your Office Hours in your Weave Software Settings are set to Open. If your hours are set to closed, calls are routed to your voicemail box.
- Check if Call Forwarding is turned on: If Call Forwarding is enabled, you will have a blue FWD flag at the top of your Weave Desktop App. To turn off Call Forwarding, click on the blue flag and toggle off Call Forwarding.
- Check to see if your internet is down: Do you have an internet connection on your computer? If not, then your internet is likely down. You can use downdetector.com to search for your internet provider and see if they are experiencing issues in your area.
Phone says it doesn't have service
This is most likely an internet connection issue. Try physically moving the phone, plugging it into another ethernet port, and when it reboots, see if the phone now has an internet connection. If it does, this is an indicator that there is a problem with the other internet port.
My CallPop is not working
Calls drop after a few minutes
Try rebooting the affected phones. Check with your IT team to see if there have been any recent network changes. They may need to make adjustments to your router or firewall.