Easily send and receive messages from your patients and customers with Weave's two-way texting in the Messages.
To learn more about managing your messages inbox, click here.
Send a Message
- Select the Messages
- Click on the + plus icon in the bottom right corner
- Type in the name or phone number of the person that you want to send the message to
- Choose from the available numbers of the patient or click select if the number is not associated with a patient
- Write your message. From here you can use the following in your message:
- Click the Send button to send your message to the selected recipient
Tip: You cannot create group or mass texts. You can text multiple people by adding them to lists. You can also bulk message all the patients or customers scheduled for the day by going to Schedule and clicking the Message icon above the list of patients.
All received messages will go to the Actionable tab in your Message Inbox.
If you are logged into Weave, you will receive a notification either in the top right or bottom right corner of the screen where you can:
- Ignore the message notification
- Reply to the message directly from the notification
- Add Tag to add a message tag to this message
Set up Message Notification Sounds
Be notified by a personalized sound notification when you receive a new message.
For the desktop app:
- Select the Menu icon in the upper right corner
- Click on Settings
- Select Messages
- Toggle on the notification sound
- Click the dropdown, and select the chime you would like to play when you receive a new text message.
Note: The notification settings are set up by user and device. If a user sets up the message notifications for one computer, then chooses to log into a different computer, the user will need to make the same adjustments for message notifications on the new computer. The message notifications will also need to be set for your specific user. If a user who has message notifications set up logs out, and a new user logs into the same computer, the new user logged in will need to set up their own message notifications.
For the mobile app:
- Select the Settings icon on the home page
- Tap Notifications
- Toggle on SMS (along with any other notifications you would like to receive)
The sound will be determined by your device settings.