Weave's Fax feature is designed to be the easiest fax service you will ever use. Never refill the paper tray again! Follow these steps to send faxes through Weave.
The availability of this feature is dependent on your Weave bundle. Schedule a time with a Weave representative to learn more.
Note: Before you can start using Weave Fax, you will need to port your office fax number over to Weave. See Port Your Phone and Fax Number(s) to Weave for more information.
See what Fax can do for you
Send a Fax (Desktop)
- Click on the Fax icon
- Click on the icon at the bottom right corner
- Select Click to Add under recipients
- Check the boxes next to the recipient(s) you would like to send the fax to
Tip: Add new recipients to your Fax Directory by clicking on the More icon in the top right corner. Click New Fax Contact and fill out the information.
- Click Add Recipient(s) when you are done
- Select which of your fax numbers you want the fax to be sent from in the Label field by using the dropdown arrow
Tip: If you do not have multiple fax numbers, you will not see this option.
- If desired, type in a memo to be added to the cover sheet The cover sheet includes:
- The number you are sending to
- The name of your office
- Your office fax number
- Page count
- Memo (optional): Fax memos will save and continue to send with new faxes until edited or removed.
Tip: If you do not want a cover sheet, click on the toggle next to Include Cover Sheet to disable the cover sheet.
- Upload the file you want to send in your fax
Note: Weave Fax accepts PDF, JPG, and PNG file types. See Fax Troubleshooting for more information about file format and size requirements.
- Click Next to generate the fax
- Select Preview if you want to preview the cover sheet and/or fax before sending
- Click Send to complete
Once you have sent the fax, it will take you to your Sent column in Fax. If there are any errors with a fax delivery, it will say Failed in red next to the fax. Keep in mind that these will be normal fax errors. See Fax Troubleshooting more information about troubleshooting.
Send a Fax (Mobile)
You can also send faxes from your Weave mobile app. This means you can take a picture with your cell phone and send the image via fax. Follow these instructions to send a fax from your mobile app.
- Tap on the Fax icon on the home page
- Select the New Fax icon at the bottom right of your screen
- Tap the Add Recipient box
- Check the box next to recipients of this fax or add a new recipient using the button in the top right corner
- Choose the sending number from the dropdown
- Toggle whether you would like to include a cover sheet. If so, type a memo in the text box
- Upload a document by browsing your phone's photo or document library, or using the camera to take a photo of the document
- Click Continue
- Use the Preview buttons next to each recipient to see how the fax will look when opened
- Click Send Faxes if satisfied, or Edit Fax to make adjustments
Note: If you’re having trouble taking a photo of your document, make sure your phone’s camera is enabled with the mobile app in the device settings.
Looking for more? Learn the foundations of Fax in the Weave Training Camp course: Digitize Your Fax.