Weave phones work well with Asus RT series routers. There are typically just a few important settings to verify in the router's configuration:
- In order to ensure that no additional firewalls will be interfering with phone traffic, it is necessary to verify that the Asus router is receiving an internet routable (public) IP address on its WAN interface
- SIP Passthrough has been disabled
- RTSP Passthrough has been disabled
You can verify the public IP by following the steps below.
Check for a public IP address on the WAN Interface
- Login to the Asus RT configuration page
- On the Network Map page, locate the the router's WAN IP address (see image).
Note: Verify that the WAN interface is receiving a public IP address. If the IP address begins in 192.168.X.X, 10.X.X.X or 172.16.X.X-172.31.X.X then the router is not receiving a public IP address and you should contact your ISP to put your modem in bridge, DMZ, or PPOE mode.
Disabling SIP and RTSP Passthrough
- On the WAN configuration page
- Select that tab labeled NAT Passthrough
- Disable SIP Passthrough
- Disable RTSP Passthrough
- Click Apply