Weave phones work well with Cisco RV series routers as long as the following configuration options are set:
- The Cisco RV series router is receiving an internet routable (public) IP address on its WAN interface
- SIP ALG has been disabled
- Inbound load balancing has been disabled
- When necessary, ACLs have been added for Weave servers if outbound traffic is being restricted on the network
Below is a detailed guide to configuring the Cisco RV series router:
1. Check for a public IP address on the WAN Interface
- Login to the Cisco RV web interface
- On the System Summary page, locate the the router's WAN IP address (see image).
Note: Verify that the WAN interface is receiving a public IP address. If the IP address begins in 192.168.X.X, 10.X.X.X or 172.16.X.X-172.31.X.X then the router is not receiving a public IP address and you should contact your ISP to put your modem in bridge, DMZ, or PPOE mode.
2. Disable SIP ALG
- Click on the Firewall tab
- Uncheck the box labelled SIP ALG
3. Disable Inbound Load Balancing
- Under the Setup tab select Inbound Load Balancing
- Uncheck the box labeled Enable Inbound Load Balancing
4. Adding Firewall ACLs (typically not necessary)
By default, Cisco RV series routers will not restrict outbound traffic to Weave's servers and you will not need to worry about this step. If, however, the network has been configured to restrict outbound traffic, then you will need to add the following ACLs into the firewall to enable traffic to and from Weave.
- Under the Firewall tab select Access Rules
- Add a new access rule
- Follow the settings in the pictures below to add an ACL for each Weave IP listed here.
- Click Save