Create a positive first interaction for your customers by making sure your voicemail greeting provides the correct information and is set up properly.
Your office has one general voicemail box in addition to each phone having its own personal voicemail box. These voicemail greetings are controlled by the Office Hours you set in Weave.
Weave recommends that you set up the following voicemail greetings:
|Type of Greeting
|This greeting typically plays during your designated open hours if no one answers the phone. This may be different depending on the customizations you set up for your phone system.
|This greeting typically plays during your designated closed hours. This may be different depending on the customizations you set up for your phone system.
|Personal Extension Greeting
|We recommend setting up a personal voicemail greeting for each phone extension in your office. This greeting will play when someone directly dials or is transferred to your direct extension and you do not answer the phone.
If your office closes for lunch, a regular staff meeting, or any other break, we also recommend setting up the following greetings:
|Type of Greeting
|This greeting typically plays immediately during your designated lunch hours. This may be different depending on the customizations you set up for your phone system.
|This greeting typically plays immediately during your designated break hours. This may be different depending on the customizations you set up for your phone system.
Set Up Voicemail
To set up voicemail you'll need to follow these steps:
- Record or upload your voicemail greeting
- Assign recorded greeting to a voicemail box
- Make optional customizations
And when you're done, learn how to access your voicemail messages.
Having issues getting your voicemail greeting to play? Try these steps:
- Make sure voicemail override and call forwarding are turned off.
- Listen to the greeting you have assigned and make sure it is the correct one. 0 - Unassigned will play a generic voicemail greeting.
- Make sure you’re clicking into the correct device when you make changes.
- Remember, this greeting is for voicemail, so if you hear your phone tree greeting playing back, you have the wrong greeting assigned. There should be no dial steps listed in the voicemail greeting.
- Double-check that your office hours are set up correctly.
- To reassign for a holiday greeting, follow the steps for voicemail override. This will not automatically change back after the holidays, so you’ll have to remember to change it.
Do incoming voicemails have audio issues or static background noise?
- Check signaling
- Delete all voicemail instructions going to voicemail boxes and recreate them
- Check if this is happening with all voicemail messages. It may just be the caller.