Get your Credit Card Terminal all setup and ready to go!
This is an add on feature and may not be a part of your current Weave package. Click here to learn more about getting Payment Terminals for your office!
Weave Payments features are only available to U.S. customers.
After you've submitted your information and talked with a payment specialist, you'll need to set up your Payments Account with Stripe.
Payments Terminals Setup Overview
This brief video will walk you through setting up your Verifone P400 Credit Card Terminal so you can start collecting payments.
Install Payments Terminals
- Power up your terminal by sliding the back cover off and inserting the connector cable
- Slide the back cover on to keep the connector cable in place
- Plug in the Power Adaptor into the connector cable and then into the power outlet
Tip: The terminal should automatically turn on and boot up. If you ever need to reset the terminal, simply unplug the Power Adapter from your outlet and plug it back in.
- Connect the terminal to the internet either through WIFI or through an Ethernet Port
- Register your terminal to the Weave Software
Connect Your Terminal to the Internet
Once your credit card terminal is installed, you will need to connect it to the internet through WIFI or an ethernet port. Follow these instructions to connect your terminal to the internet:
- Select Connect to WIFI
- Select the network your computer is using
- Enter the password for the network
- Connect one end of an ethernet cord into an ethernet port
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cord into the connector cable labeled ETH
- Unplug the power cord from the wall for 5 seconds
- Plug it back in
- Enter 0-WIFI (0-9434) on the keypad
- Follow the prompts
Note: Attempting to join a new network disconnects the terminal from any existing wireless connection. The terminal will not fall back onto a previously connected network if it disconnects.
Registering Your Payments Terminal To Your Weave Software
Once your credit card terminals are set up, you will need to register them to your Weave Software. Follow these steps to do so:
- Click on Payments in the Weave Desktop App
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Select Terminal Settings
- Click on Register a Terminal
- Enter 0-7-1-3-9 into the Terminal
- Enter the 3-word code into the Weave under Terminal Registration Code
- If desired, customize a name for this terminal under Custom Name
- Click Register
You are now ready to collect payments!
Note: The Verifone® name and logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Verifone in the United States and/or other countries. Use of the trademarks does not imply any endorsement by Verifone.
WisePOS E [Beta]
Sign up to try out this product in beta here.
Power Up Your Terminal
1. Install the battery by lifting up the back cover from the indentation at the bottom left. Slide the battery into the exposed slot and align the gold connectors at the top of the battery with the terminal
2. Connect the reader to power by plugging the provided power cable into the port with the lightning bolt symbol
3. Once charged, find and hold down the Power button on the right side of the terminal until the terminal screen turns on.
Tip: Once turned on, the power button will transition your terminal between wake and sleep states. In order to turn it off, hold down the Power button and click Power Off on the terminal screen once it appears.
Connect Terminal to WiFi
1. Power on your WisePos E Terminal by holding down the Power button on the right side of the terminal. If prompted, complete any available terminal software updates
2. Swipe from the left side of the screen to the right side to open the menu
3. Tap Settings
4. Enter the Admin PIN - 0-7-1-3-9
5. Tap Wi-Fi Settings
6. Tap the name of your secure or private WiFi network
Note: Please ensure the network you connect your terminal to is the same network your desktop application is connected to
7. Enter your Wi-Fi password using the digital keyboard at the bottom of the display screen
8. Tap Connect
9. Once connected to Wi-Fi, tap the back arrow at the bottom of the screen to go back to your Admin options
Register your Terminal
Once your credit card terminals are set up, you will need to register them to your Weave Software. Begin in the Weave Desktop App.
1. Click on the Payments icon
2. Select the three dots in the top right corner
3. Click Terminal Settings
4. Select Register a Terminal
5. Open the admin options menu by swiping from the left side of the display screen to the right side
6. Tap Settings
7. Select Generate Pairing Code. This should display a randomized 3-keyword code, separated by hyphens
8. In the Weave desktop app on the Register New Terminal form, enter the pairing 3-keyword code in the Terminal Registration Code field
9. In the Custom Terminal Name, enter any custom name for your terminal
10. Click Register
11. You should see a green alert at the top of the app that reads Terminal Connected
You are now ready to collect payments!