Our engineers have done extensive testing of network equipment and routing scenarios so that you can have the best possible experience. Weave engineers have determined that the best user experience and voice quality will be obtained when these requirements are met.
Weave Recommended Firewalls, Routers and Modems
Please remember to take the following tips into account.
- Check the age of the current firewall and make sure that it is not at the end of life and can receive firmware updates.
- Make sure that the firewall is sized to the office. Meaning that it can handle our phones, the practices computers, cell phones and any other endpoints like guest wifi devices.
- It’s always best to go to the manufactures website and make sure that the firewall can handle all the endpoints and features you will be using.
- Please, note that Sonicwall SOHO & Watchguard T10 firewalls are for homes and small business and in most situations are not ideal for Doctors offices.
- Offices, that would like to use a Meraki x64 need to be conscious of the hardware sizing requirements and throughput capabilities of the Meraki platform.
3. if you are going to enable any firewall security features make sure the firewall has sufficient resources to handle that as well.
Download speed: 1 Mbps per phone (minimum)
Upload Speed: 200 kbps per phone (minimum)
Note: Above minimums are estimates and more speed may be necessary if office PC usage is high.
Weave has noticed an uptick in streaming devices such as security cameras and music devices. Please, take those devices into account when configuring your network. If you are running these devices you will need to prioritize Weaves traffic over the others by implement Quality of Service on your Router.
Universal Network Requirements
Public Internet IP Address for your Router WAN port.
Your Router/Firewall must allow unrestricted traffic flow between Weave Servers and your Weave Phones
|🟢 Recommended Network Firewalls (Green)||
🟡 Network Firewalls with Mixed Results (Yellow)
🔴 Network Firewalls with Known Issues (Red)
|🟢 Recommended Network Routers (Green)||🟡 Network Routers with Mixed Results (Yellow)||🔴 Network Routers with Known Issues (Red)|
|Internet Service Provider||Modem Model||Router/Firewall Required|
|AT&T||NVG 599 or higher||Not Required|
|Century Link||Zyxel c1000z or higher w/ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Comcast||ARRIS Surfboard w/ ability to enable bridge-mode; Comcast Business Gateway modem w/ ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Time Warner||Motorola Surfboard w/ ability to enable bridge-mode; Other modems w/ ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Other ISP*||Modem with ability to enable bridge-mode; Able to setup pseudo bridge mode||Yes|
Other Routers and Firewalls
|Other Routers and Firewalls|
|Mikrotik||Network Router||Configuration Unknown|
|Endian||Network Firewall||Configuration Unknown|
|Cyberoam||Network Firewall||Configuration Unknown|
|Layer 3 (smart) Switch||Network Switch||Configuration Unknown|
Note: If your modem, router, ISP, or firewall do not appear on the list above contact Weave to verify compatibility.