Our engineers have performed testing of network equipment and routing scenarios to help you have the best possible experience with the Weave service.
Please note that this information is provided as a courtesy. You are responsible for ensuring that minimum technical requirements for installation and provision of the Weave service are met. Additionally, you are responsible for any additional configuration and maintenance of network equipment to meet your requirements, such as security settings, firewall deployment, or other operational requirements, including, but not limited to changing default passwords and periodic hardware, software, or firmware updates.
Weave Recommended Firewalls, Routers and Modems
Please remember to take the following tips into account:
- Check the age of the current firewall and make sure that it is not at the end of life and can receive firmware updates.
- Make sure that the firewall is sized to the office. Meaning that it can handle our phones, the practices computers, cell phones and any other endpoints like guest wifi devices.
- It’s always best to go to the manufacturer's website to make sure the firewall can handle all the endpoints and features you will be using.
- Please note that Sonicwall SOHO & Watchguard T10 firewalls are for homes and small business and in most situations are not ideal for Doctors offices.
- Offices that would like to use a Meraki x64 need to be conscious of the hardware sizing requirements and throughput capabilities of the Meraki platform.
3. If you are going to enable any firewall security features, make sure the firewall has sufficient resources to handle that as well.
Take streaming devices such as security cameras and music devices into account when configuring your network. If you are running these devices, you'll need to prioritize Weaves traffic over the others by implementing Quality of Service on your Router.
Universal Network Requirements
Public Internet IP Address for your Router WAN port.
Your Router/Firewall must allow unrestricted traffic flow between Weave Servers and your Weave Phones
Common Network Firewalls
- **pfSense (no special requirements)
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco RV Series
- Sophos SG Series
- Ubiquity EdgeMax
- Cisco Meraki
- WatchGuard - Fireware Web UI
- Watchguard System Manager (WSM)
**Weave preferred firewalls
Network firewalls with known issues:
Common Network Routers
- **Asus RT Series. - Router
- **Buffalo-wrt - Router (configuration unknown)
- **DD-WRT - Router OS - no special requirements
- **Open WRT. - Router OS - no special requirements
- D-LINK DIR Series
- Linksys EA Series (no special requirements)
- Netgear Prosafe
**Weave preferred routers
Network routers with known issues:
- Apple Airport - No adjustable settings
- Netgear Nighthawk - SIP/VoIp handling issues
|Internet Service Provider||Modem Model||Router/Firewall Required|
|AT&T||NVG 599 or higher||Not Required|
|Century Link||Zyxel c1000z or higher w/ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Comcast||ARRIS Surfboard w/ ability to enable bridge-mode; Comcast Business Gateway modem w/ ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Time Warner||Motorola Surfboard w/ ability to enable bridge-mode; Other modems w/ ability to enable bridge-mode||Yes|
|Other ISP*||Modem with ability to enable bridge-mode; Able to setup pseudo bridge mode||Yes|
Other Routers and Firewalls
|Other Routers and Firewalls|
|Mikrotik||Network Router||Configuration Unknown|
|Endian||Network Firewall||Configuration Unknown|
|Cyberoam||Network Firewall||Configuration Unknown|
|Layer 3 (smart) Switch||Network Switch||Configuration Unknown|
Note: If your modem, router, ISP, or firewall do not appear on the list above contact Weave to verify compatibility.