Message Templates allow you to send messages even faster with a pre-composed message. Rename or edit your message templates, or create as many new templates as you would like.
- Select the Template icon found at the bottom of any customer message thread in the desktop app
- Select from a pre-composed message template by using the search bar and click Edit or Add New at the bottom of the screen
- Type a name for the template at the top of the screen
- Compose your message by clicking in the text box, and add any applicable variables by dragging them into the message
Tip: To update the variables to include practice number or name, contact support.
- Preview your message to make sure it looks correct
- Click Save
You cannot currently add images to message templates. Responses sent to message templates sent manually will not confirm an appointment. Only responses to automated reminders can confirm appointments.
Note: If adding a link to a message template, make sure to check regularly that the link is still valid. For Digital Forms, if a packet or form is edited, the link will change and need to be updated if included in a message template. See how to create a public link for digital forms.
Send a Message Template on the Mobile App
- Open the message thread with the customer you would like to send the template to within Messages or Patients
- Tap the Message Templates icon in the bottom left corner
- Choose the message template you would like to send
- Make any edits
- Click the Send icon
Note: Some phone and cell phone providers break templates over 160 characters into multiple messages. This can cause hyperlinks to break, so you can try shortening the template or sending the hyperlink in a following message to your clients.
Looking for more? Learn the foundations of Message Templates in the Weave Training Camp Message Course: Modernize Your Customer Communication With Messages.