Create, customize, and filter automated texts and emails to remind your patients of upcoming appointments.
The availability of this feature is dependent on your practice management software.
Setting Up Appointment Reminders
Note: Before setting up your Automated Appointment Reminders you should first complete your Data Sync Settings.
1. Select the Menu icon in the upper right hand corner
2. Click on Settings
3. Select Auto Reminders
4. Click on Appointment Reminders
5. Hover over a reminder and select the Edit icon to edit an existing reminder or click add reminder to start a reminder from scratch
6. Fill out reminder details
- Reminder name
- When the reminder will send
- Verify the Reminder Send Type
- Select the audience from the Send Reminder To
- Apply any advanced filters
- Attach any forms if needed
Note: Messages may take up to one hour to send
7. Click Next to advance through the screens
8. Edit your individual message by typing or dragging and dropping variables to the message
9. Click Next
10. Edit your Family message
11. Click Next
12. Edit your Spanish individual and family messages
Note: You have to have at least one patient with Spanish as their language preference in Weave in order for Spanish templates to appear.
13. Click Save to finish
Note: In Message Settings, toggle on confirmation write-backs so that when a patient responds affirmatively, it will mark it as "confirmed" automatically in Weave and your PMS
If you have set the "DO NOT SEND BEFORE" setting to make sure messages are not sent too early in the morning and still have reminders set to be sent hours before an appointment, even the earliest appointments will still get a reminder. It will be sent after the time set for "DO NOT SEND BEFORE."
All patients will get a reminder the day of their appointment if you have same day reminders set.