Multiple contacts can be added at once to Weave by uploading a CSV file of your contacts list into your Admin Portal. Follow these instructions to upload a CSV file to Weave.
To add contacts individually, follow the steps in Manually Add Custom Contacts for instructions.
This task is dependent on your practice management software and may not be necessary based on your Weave package. Check with your admin if you aren't sure.
Watch this short video to see the process of uploading contacts from a CSV file to Weave.
Your CSV file must be formatted correctly for successful upload. Please make sure that your CSV file follows these important formatting requirements:
General File Requirements
- The first row of your CSV file spreadsheet must be a header row with column names.
- Make sure there are no special characters or extra spaces in any of the cells in your CSV file. Special characters and extra spaces can cause your CSV file upload to fail.
|Unique ID||May include both letters and numbers. No spaces or special characters. This value must be unique for each row.|
|First Name||No spaces, special characters, or numbers.|
|Last Name||No spaces, special characters, or numbers.|
|Phone (Mobile and/or Home Phone)||
Your CSV file must contain either a Mobile or Home Phone column, though it can include both. No spaces or special characters for either field.
Additional Optional Fields
|Work Phone||No spaces or special characters|
|Gender||Must be one of the following options:
- blank cell
Values are not case sensitive.
|Date of Birth||Format: YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY-MM-DD.
Ex. 1980-05-21, 1999/11/25.
Uploading Your CSV File
Once you have verified that your CSV file meets all requirements, you will need to upload it to Weave. Follow these instructions to upload your .CSF file into your Admin Portal.
Tip: For best results use Google Chrome. Windows Explorer is not supported by this application.
- Log into your Weave Admin Portal
- Select Customers from the left side menu
- Select Custom Contacts
- Add a name for your file
- Verify that your CSV file meets the formatting requirements and contains the required fields
- Drag and drop your CSV file into the marked area or click to browse and select your CSV file
- Match up the required fields to the corresponding column in your CSV file
- Match up any of the optional fields that are on your CSV file
- When everything is matched up the way you would like, click Upload CSV
- Scroll down to preview any records Weave identifies that may need to be modified.
- If there are records that need to be modified, make the necessary modifications on your CSV file and repeat steps 3-8 to re-upload your file.
- If there are no records that need to be modified, click Upload CSV to upload the file.
Weave will let you know when your file has been successfully uploaded. Weave will also alert you of any files that were not uploaded due to formatting errors. If needed, correct any formatting errors found and re-upload.
If you do not see the success screen or some of your rows are rejected for formatting errors please check our CSV Troubleshooting page for additional help.