Weave Text Connect feature is a widget that can be installed on your website that allows customers to connect with you and start a text conversation.
Note: The existing Web Assistant Widget will no longer be supported after December 31, 2022. To continue using Text Connect through the widget, you'll need to update your website the new Text Connect code available in the Weave Portal.
Tip: Make sure you are using Google Chrome. If experiencing issues, try clearing your cache and cookies.
Install Text Connect Widget
- Open the Weave Portal
- Select Messages from the left navigation
- Click Text Connect from the dropdown
- Scroll down to the Installation section to view the instructions to add the widget to your website
- Copy the link to share with your IT or Web administrator or copy the code to embed it yourself on the website. Click the links at the bottom of the page for instructions on how to install for common web hosting sites
How Text Connect Works
Your customer can engage with our widget installed on your website by clicking on the
bubble in the bottom right corner
- They enter their information through the widget
The customer automatically receives an automated text response from your office letting them know you will get back to them as soon as you can
- Your office receives the incoming message just like a regular text message with a pop-up notification and a notification through Messages
The messages will appear at the top of your messages feed
- The sender’s name will be attached to the end of their text so that you can respond to your prospect by name
Update Text Connect Message Templates
Personalize the automated messages that customers receive after messaging during office hours or office hours.
- Go to the Weave Portal
- Click Messages in the left navigation menu
- Select Text Connect from the dropdown
- Click Edit below the template you would like to update
- Use the text box to personalize the message
- Select Save