How to get Web Assistant set up and running.
This is an add on feature and may not be a part of your current Weave software.
If you are interested in adding this feature to your Weave bundle click here.
Once the online appointment request feature has been enabled, you will need to get everything set up. Follow our step by step instructions below.
Set Up Online Appointment Types
1. Log into Admin Portal and select Web Assistant from menu on the left
2. Select Request Settings from the dropdown
3. Click Add Appointment to create the appointment types that patients will be able to choose from when scheduling online. (Ex: New Customer Consultation)
4. Give your Appointment Type a name, (i.e. New Patient, Check Up)
5. Set the duration for the appointment
6. Set the cadence or interval (10, 15, 20 or 30 min) at which this appointment type will be available for scheduling
7. Select the either the Practitioners or Workstations you want Weave to look at for availability for online scheduling.
Tip: For example: You only want certain practitioners to be available for New Patient appointment requests. In this case, select only the practitioners accepting new patients.
8: Once you have created all of your desired Appointment Types you can preview, edit or delete.
Schedule Availability Settings
Before setting your schedule availability, adjust the following settings:
- Use Practice Management Software Calendar Sync: Toggle this on to pull openings directly from your schedule in your Practice Management Software rather than setting your schedule availability manually.
The availability of this feature depends on your Practice Management Software. Full functionality is currently only available for Eaglesoft customers. This feature is in beta for our other compatible Practice Management Softwares, but only pulls over scheduled appointments. Other blocked off times will not pull over to Weave.
- Appointment Lead Time: Set a buffer for how soon you want someone to request an appointment. (i.e. Do you want them to be able to submit a request for a same day appointment? Or do you want to give your office a 4 hour or 1 day lead time for online requests?)
Required Number Of Appt. Times: Set the number of appointment times you want to allow a customer to request
Tip: Requiring customers to choose multiple appointment times will increase the chances of finding a time that works for you and the customer.
Set Your Schedule Availability
Setting your schedule availability manually allows you to control the times you want to make available for Online Appointment requests. Be sure to block off any time that you do not want to make available. For example, block off time any times you are closed for lunch, staff training, etc.
Note: If you do not set your Schedule Availability, the online requests will default to 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To set your schedule availability,
- Click Edit button to set your schedule
- Set your availability for online appointment requests for the days you are open
- Enter a Start and End that reflects the days and times you want to make available for an online appointment request
- Click to Add a Blocked Time if you are closed for lunch, break, staff meeting, etc. and do not want to make appointment requests available during that time
- Review your schedule availability. The times highlighted in blue indicate the times that are available for online appointment requests
- Click Edit to make any changes
Tip: If you have providers that work alternating days, create a placeholder appointment in your practice management software. Be sure to include both a patient and the provider's name to block off your schedule. This is how our online scheduler will know that the provider is unavailable on that day.
Edit Text Templates
View and edit the templates associated with online scheduling messages. This includes the Request Received template that sends automatically as soon as an appointment request is submitted and a Confirmation Template that sends out automatically once your staff has approved an appointment request.
1. Select the Text Templates tab
2. Click Edit to preview and edit your template:
Request Received Templates - sent out automatically when an appointment request has been submitted
Confirmation Template - sent out automatically once you approve an appointment request.
3. Customize your templates by adding text or additional variables as desired
4. Click Save
Install Schedule Widget
When a customer visits your website, a scheduling widget will appear in the bottom right corner of your homepage. Once a customer has clicked on that widget they will be guided through the online scheduling experience on your website (see visual below, there is no audio)
To install the schedule widget,
1. Go to your Weave Admin Portal
2. Select Installation from menu and follow instructions for installing the scheduling widget to your website
3. Scroll down the Installation page to view the instructions for your IT or to do it yourself
Use Web Portal
When customers wish to request an appointment, they are redirected from your website (or anywhere you have a web presence, ex: Facebook or Google business pages) to a simple website provided by Weave with an online scheduling experience.
1. Go to the Weave Admin Portal, under Web Assistant, and select Installation
2. View the dropdown arrow next to Method 2 - Direct Customers to Web Portal
3. Copy the URL code provided for your office, this code is unique and different for every office
4. Paste the URL as a link into whichever online source you'd prefer.
Tip: This may be a Facebook or Google business page, a button or link on your own business website, or any other web or social media outlet you have.
When customers click the link, they'll be directed to the web portal where they'll be able to make scheduling requests for your office(s).