Let's get your headset installed.
Yealink T53 & T54W: Plantronics headset installation
Note: To install your Plantronics Headset with your Yealink T53 or T54W you will need to order a Yealink Headset Adapter. This adapter comes with the Plantronics Y Cord as well.
When you order the Yealink Headset Adapter it will come with the following contents.
You will only need the Yealink EH40 Adapter, the Plantronics Y-Cord, and the User Guide for reference. You can disregard the Jabra and Sennheiser Y cords. You will not be needing those.
Before you start, gather up the following:
- Yealink T53 or 54W handset
- Plantronics Headset
- Yealink EH40 Headset Adapter
- Plantronics Y-Cord.
See the picture below for reference:
Installation Steps: Plantronics Headset Yealink T53 & T54W
[Picture Steps / Next & Prev Buttons]
- Connect the single wired end of the Plantronics interface cable (Y Cable) into the back of the Plantronics Headset as shown in the picture below.
- Connect the ‘Y’ end of the Plantronics interface cable into the back of the Yealink Headset Adapter.
- Connect the USB end of the Yealink Headset Adapter into the USB port on the back of your Yealink T53 or 54W phone.
- You are now ready to start using your headset. Press the Headset Icon on your Yealink phone to answer or switch a call over to your headset.
Yealink T53 & T54W: Syncing a Bluetooth Headset
The Yealink T53 and T54W are bluetooth capable and can be synced with a bluetooth headset. To sync a bluetooth headset to your Yealink T53 or T54W, follow the steps below:
Select the Menu soft key at the bottom of your display screen
Use the navigation keys to navigate to the Basic setting
Press the down v navigation key and navigate to #7-Bluetooth and press the OK key in the center of your navigation arrows
Once in the Bluetooth menu - use the navigation arrows > to turn ON the bluetooth
Navigate to #2 Paired Bluetooth Device and then press the soft Scan key at the bottom of your display screen and scan for your device
Once your Bluetooth headset is discovered select the soft Connect key to connect the device to your phone
Yealink T46U, T42S, & T46S: Installing a headset
- See Recommended Headsets and Wall Mounts to order your Plantronics headset and Yealink adapter. The Plantronics headset will come with a power cord, the base, and the audio cord. You will need to order the Yealink adapter separately.
- Charge your headset. In order to do this, you’ll need to take your power cord and plug it into the back of your base on the far left side. Then plug the other end into an outlet close by. You’ll then want to let your base charge for a minimum of 20 minutes. When your headset is fully charged, you will see a solid green light on the front right hand side.
- After your headset is fully charged, connect it to your phone using the Yealink adapter. You’ll need to plug larger end into the back of your base. The smaller other end will go into the back of your Yealink phone.
Next, connect your Plantronics audio cord. When you flip your phone over, you’ll see a photo with a picture of a headset. Plug the small end into the port and the other end will go into the headset base.
- Once everything is connected, you can start using the headset by pressing the headset key.