Weave phones work well the Checkpoint routers. There are two critical settings to check in order to confirm that the Checkpoint is configured correctly.
- The Checkpoint is receiving an internet routable (public) IP address on its WAN interface.
- The Checkpoint has sufficient node licenses to support the addition of the Weave phones to the network.
Below are step by step instructions to verify these settings.
Check for a Public IP Address on the WAN Interface
- On the sidebar, locate and click the tab labeled Network
- Verify that the WAN interface is receiving a public IP address
Check Node Restriction Limits
Checkpoint routers often have license restrictions that limit the number of devices that can connect to the internet (called "nodes.") It is critical to verify that the Checkpoint has enough available connections to support the addition of the phones to the network. You can check the available "nodes" by following the steps below:
- On the sidebar, locate and click the tab labeled Reports
- Locate the Nodes report and verify that the Checkpoint is licensed for the sufficient nodes to support the addition of phones to the network
Each phone will count as one device. If you do not have unlimited nodes, you will see a meter indicating how many available nodes remain.