Make sure information sent through Digital Forms submissions is signed off before writing back to your practice management system with Provider Review. Learn more about setting up Provider Review.
Send a Form for Provider Review within the Desktop App
To make sure a submission is assigned to the correct provider for review, choose the corresponding appointment in the dropdown when sending the form. The reviewer and appointment status will appear below the dropdown.
If you don’t select an appointment or if appointment data is unavailable, the Forms Manager will be the default reviewer of the submission. They can reassign it to a provider later when the form is submitted.
Review a Form
Each Forms role has a different experience when reviewing submissions.
- Forms Manager can review a submission, reassign a submission to be reviewed by a Forms Provider, and sync the reviewed submission to your practice management system.
- Forms Providers can review assigned submissions by adding their signature and notes.
- Team Members can perform a sync with the practice management system after a submission has been approved by a Forms Manager or Forms Provider. They cannot review any submissions.
To begin reviewing submissions, open the Digital Forms Dashboard. Within the Inbox, you can click on Needs Review or look for the Needs Review tag on a submission.
Change the reviewer:
- Open a submission marked as Needs Review
- Click the currently assigned reviewer underneath the patient information at the top of the page
- Choose the new reviewer from the dropdown
- Click Change Approver
The form will appear in the Form Provider's submission list as Needs Review.
Review a submission:
- Click on the Review icon on the right side of the page to view the writeback settings
- Select Approve or Reject
- Click Sync to write back the information to your practice management system
You can see all reviewed submissions in the Inbox by clicking on the Reviewed section. You can expand the menu and see only approved or rejected from there.
To begin reviewing submissions, open the Digital Forms Dashboard. Within the Inbox, you can filter to Needs Review to see which submissions you are responsible for reviewing.
Review a submission:
Begin reviewing by clicking on a submission marked as Needs Review. From here, you can choose to Approve or Reject the submission.
- Select Approve
- Add a signature by choosing to draw, upload, or type at the top of the pop-up
Tip: If you choose to draw and make a mistake, click Clear Drawing in the bottom right corner. Click the toggle on the bottom left to save as your default signature.
- Select Continue to add notes
- Click Approve
- Select Reject
- Add notes
- Click Reject
Note: The submission detail page will show who rejected the submission for all users.
The electronic signature on approved submissions will appear on the PDF at the end of the form.
Users with neither Forms Manager or Forms Provider can write back submissions that have been reviewed by another user or don’t need to be reviewed to the practice management system.
- Open the Digital Forms Dashboard
- Click on a submission that needs to be written back to your practice management system
- Select the Review icon on the right side of the submission detail page
- Click Sync
Team member can also view all submitted forms and their review status within the Inbox.