Quickly make and receive calls with your customers using the Weave desktop app with Softphone.
Softphones cannot be used outside the US and Canada. This is in compliance with Weave’s phone policies. Click here for more information.
Once Softphone has been added to your Weave bundle, an account admin must add the feature to individual users.
- Confirm the e911 address every time you open the desktop app in order to use the Softphone function.
- Within the dial pad, collapse or expand Softphone using the Arrow in the top right corner then click Collapse Softphone. When minimizing during a call, you’ll still be able to see the call options. You can also turn off the softphone.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner to see your extension, adjust sound settings, turn on or off Do Not Disturb, and reload the softphone if you are having issues.
Note: The sound settings will match the settings on your computer, including if you are using a headset. Make sure you are using either a computer or a headset with a mic and speakers.
Answer an Incoming Call
To answer an incoming call, select the Answer icon in Softphone or click Answer in the Call Pop notification.
Place a Call
- Select the Dial Pad at the bottom of Softphone
- Click into the Dial box at the top to search for a contact, type or paste a number, select an office extension from the dropdown, or use the dial pad to enter a number
Note: You can still use the desktop app to begin a phone call through Phone, Patient/Customer, or Schedule
Actions within a Call
Click the End Call icon to end the call from any action within the Call Menu.
- When you are on a call, select the Transfer button in the top center
- Search the number or extension you would like to transfer the call to in the Dial box at the top of Softphone
- Choose a Warm or Blind transfer by clicking the corresponding button
- Warm: Talk to the person you are transferring the call to before sending the call. You will be connected with the person you wish to transfer the call to, and then click Transfer when ready to complete the transfer
- Blind: Send the call straight to the number
When on a call, select Hold at the bottom left of the call menu.
Only you can answer your held calls by clicking the Hold icon again.
- When you are on a call, select the Add icon in the bottom center of the call menu
Note: You can only add calls through this icon. The Keypad action only is functional for interacting with an IVR during a call
- Search the number or extension you would like to add to the call to in the Dial box at the top of Softphone
- Choose to Swap between the calls or Merge the calls
- Select the Information icon to see and end added calls, and click Cancel to return to the call menu
Note: As you add more numbers, call quality may be affected. We do not recommend adding more than three numbers to a single call.
Park allows anyone on your phone network to pick up the call.
- When you are on a call, select the Park icon (the top left option in the call menu)
- Click the Park button next to the hold spot you would like to use
- Select the Parked Calls Menu at the bottom of Softphone
- Click Answer next to the call you would like to continue
Note: Each office includes only 3 park spots. If your office needs more park slots, please contact support.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I have to input my location?
Every time you log in to the desktop app, you'll be asked to review and confirm or update your location. The last location used or the default location set when creating the Softphone will automatically be filled in for your convenience. Weave cannot track your location, so make sure to choose the correct address that you are currently using the Softphone.
Why does Weave need my location to operate Softphone?
In case of an emergency, your location is needed for any calls to the emergency response center. Learn more about E911 information.
Can I use Softphone through the mobile app?
Currently, you cannot use your desktop Softphone feature through mobile.
Softphone is showing me an error that says to enable or allow access to my microphone. What do I do?
Go into your computer settings within the privacy or security section and make sure Weave is allowed to access your microphone. You may need to toggle off and on to make sure the computer is allowing access. If you don't see a Weave option in the microphone settings, try uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app.
Why can't the person I'm calling hear me?
Can I continue to use my desk phone once I have Softphone enabled?
You can continue to use both Softphone and your deskphone with their own extensions. Call notifications will default to Softphone once it is enabled for a user. To revert your back to your deskphone and stop receiving notifications for softphone calls, turn off your softphone. If you wish to remove your softphone entirely, contact Weave support.
Will the contact directory in my deskphone be available in Softphone?
Currently, any contacts that are only found in your deskphone within the contact directory will not automatically transfer to your Weave account. Those numbers will need to be added as contacts through Weave. Other extensions on the network and patient numbers are automatically available on Softphone.
Can I make calls to numbers that are not contacts in Weave?
You can dial any number from Softphone. You can also copy and paste numbers if preferred.
What’s the difference between the General and Personal voicemail boxes?
The general voicemail box includes all voicemails that have been left through the main office number. Your personal includes all voicemails left using the extension of your Softphone. You cannot change your personal voicemail box through Softphone. Any messages left on your desk phone extension will not appear in your personal voicemail box once Softphone has been added to your user. If you wish the change this, contact Weave support.
People say there’s too much background noise and they can’t hear me when I’m on the phone with them — how do I fix this?
To experience the best audio quality, you should use a noise-canceling mic or headset with the softphone.
Can I switch a call from my Softphone to my deskphone?
There is no way to automatically switch between phones, but you can transfer the call using the deskphone extension and pick it up on the other device.
I am seeing 'Provisioning Address' in the location of my Softphone. What can I do?
Here are some steps you (or your admin) can take to fix this:
- Open the Weave Portal and select Phone from the left navigation menu
- Click Devices in the dropdown menu
- Select the E911 Addresses tab at the top of the page
- Click the Edit icon next to the address you would like to use
- Change the name of the address to how you would like it to appear on the Softphone
- Click Save