To allow members of your team to answer and make calls using the Weave desktop app, you must create a Softphone device in the Weave Portal for each user.
You must have the user role of Super Admin or Phones Manager to create a Softphone.
Softphones cannot be used outside the US and Canada. This is in compliance with Weave’s phone policies. Click here for more information.
- Open the Weave Portal
- Click Phone from the left navigation menu
- Select Devices from the dropdown
- Click Add Softphone in the top right corner
- Choose the user from the dropdown you would like to create a Softphone for
- Type the requested extension number in the box
- Click Create
Note: A prohibited extension number or an extension already in use will fail.
- Type a name for the device (shows within call configurations in the Weave Portal) and an Internal ID Name (Appears on the office devices you call)
- Select Save
- Choose a default E911 address from the dropdown menu
- Assign the device to ring within your desired Call Group(s) by checking the box(es)
- Click the dropdown to see what devices are assigned to each call group to ensure this device is ringing in the correct group
- Select Save
- Assign the device to ring within your desired Call Queue(s) by checking the box(es)
- Select Save
A success message will let you know the process is complete. Click outside the pop-up or the X in the top right corner to return to the devices page. The user should be able to access Softphone within the desktop app immediately. If you use a Mac computer, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Weave desktop app to access the Softphone permission settings.
A checkmark will appear next to users that have access to a Softphone within the Users section of the Weave Portal.
Turn Off Softphone
- Open the Desktop App
- Click on the Collapse icon
- Select Turn off Softphone
- Check the confirmation box to turn the softphone off for the first time
Tip: To turn the softphone back on, repeat the steps
Your desk phone should resync on its own, but if you have any issues, you may need to manually resync to your desk phone by turning it off.
What if the Softphone does not appear in the user’s desktop app?
You may need to manually update the desktop app. If you haven’t updated the desktop app in a while, you may need to delete and re-download the desktop app.
How can I enable Softphone for the same user across multiple locations within my Weave account?
You will need to create a softphone with a different extension for every location you are enabling a user to use Softphone unless your account has Unify enabled.
What if my Softphone is not receiving calls as expected?
Check your call configurations through mainline, departments, call queues, call groups, or phone trees within the Weave Portal to make sure the Softphone device is assigned correctly.