Power outage due to natural disaster or construction forcing an office closure? Did a doctor call in sick? Here are a few steps you can take to keep your customers updated that are scheduled for the day.
Prepare for Sudden Office Closures
Before disaster strikes, there are a few steps you can take - just in case.
- Download the mobile app. Make sure at least one person in your office has the mobile phone downloaded.
Note: You may have to give access for mobile app use to multiple employees in the office by editing their Weave user.
- Record a voicemail greeting that states there was a sudden office closure. This is optional and you can create a more specific message on the day of, but this helps you notify incoming callers quickly in case you feel overwhelmed.
When Sudden Office Closures Happen
Even if you’re experiencing a power outage, you can still use the mobile app as long as you have a data connection to your cell service. Follow the mobile app steps to notify your patients that you are closed.
- If you haven’t already, download the mobile app.
- Enable Voicemail Override to send all calls to voicemail or Call Forwarding to answer calls on a different device than the office phone like a cell phone or answering service.
- Disable appointment reminders.
- Cancel the appointments for today in your practice management system if possible. You can also use the Schedule to message customers and give them more information about what is going on.
- If you still have power and can access your desktop app, update the missed call text to include more information about the office's current situation.
When You’re Back Online
It’s time to get back to business!
- Turn off Voicemail Override or Call Forwarding.
- Message patients from the schedule to begin rescheduling appointments.
Note: You can also use Quick Fill to reschedule those appointments.
- Enable the appointment reminders that were turned off by toggling them back on.
- Change your missed call text back to the original message.